Monday- Jace woke up covered in puke, thought it was just something that he ate that upset his tummy. Moving truck was delayed because of rain. Jace threw up his entire day of food on the carpet right before bed, I realized he was actually sick... should have taken more germ sharing precautions.
Tuesday- Moving truck gets here, movers are done unloading by 2 pm. I unpack Jace's room, start unpacking kitchen... start to feel queesy, sit down and cuddle with Jace. Put Jace to bed and start vomiting. This continues every hour until 5:30 am when I'm able to fall asleep.
Wednesday- I can't move or I have to run to the bathroom and dry heave. Jace is all better and helping Tate unpack boxes all day. Tate's boss sends a pizza delivery guy to our house (he ordered from his house in Pennsylvania), the delivery guy bring a large pizza, cheesy bread, buffalo wings, chocolate cake, and two 2 liters of
Today- I'm feeling much better, just low energy, and Jace is completely himself. Tate is still not feeling well but he's been lucky enough to only throw up once and that seems to be the end of it. I'm trying to get us completely unpacked but I've come to realize there's no way that is possible. We have alot of stuff, random stuff, stuff I don't even know why we have. We need to have a garage sale ASAP.
There are boxes piled up to the ceilings still, it's overwhelming. I don't remember having nearly this much stuff when we moved a year ago. We thought having a moving company pack and move our things would take most of the burden of moving off of us, (and it was included in Tate's relocation package)... boy were we wrong. If we had packed our own stuff it would have forced us to get rid of things we no longer needed and organize on the front end.
When the movers packed our stuff they literally took everything and threw it in random boxes and wrapped a TON of paper around it. Our garage is literally filled with moving paper. Alot of boxes we had in storage were emptied and re-packed. We have a green and red storage bin of christmas stuff that was unpacked and kitchen stuff was packed in there along with ornaments. Talk about annoyance when you have to go through and unwrap everything to find out if it's truly christmas related or if it's an everyday need. Not to complain, it was nice having them do the heavy lifting, but it was not as convenient as we expected it to be.
We finally have internet set up, and have our fridge and washer and dryer are all hooked up and in working order too. I can't get used to the sound of the ice maker in the freezer though. It scares me everytime, haha! I'm looking forward to doing some laundry as soon as I find the laundry detergent in one of these boxes. Oh, we also have our home phone line set up and it was weird to realize our area code is now 843. Weird... I'm really hoping we have this place organized soon because when you're not feeling 100% all you want is to be in the comfort of your own home, and right now this sure doesn't feel like home. Anyways, I need to get cleaned up and head to the
3 comments:
HEy! What happend to the cake? ;)
thats the same flu bug tony and I got christmas week... Everyone was hit with it. Ihad it A DAY tony had it like 2 days.... buggers glad your starting to feel better though.
It seems everyone in the moms group had that bug around Christmas...hopefully that wasn't Minnesota's send-off gift for your big move to South Carolina Hopefully the worst is behind you!
Your experience with the professional movers reminds me a lot of the story my friend told me about his paid relocation to Milwaukee because of his wife's job. They were not strategic at all about boxing stuff and they'd open a box to find two kitchen plates and the rest newspaper. Their two-car garage was filled with boxes and newspaper and the process of breaking it all down to recycle was overwhelming.
The unpacking process takes a lot of time, ESPECIALLY with a kid, but you'll get there eventually.
Glad you're starting to feel better, good luck with unpacking! I can't imagine how big of a job that is with a toddler under-foot!
Post a Comment