Well, here I am... waiting for Tate to get back from his 4 day long business trip and his flight was delayed. Bah humbug. So while I try to stay awake I decided I would post a little Jace blog! It was my first time being alone in the house at night since we've moved here. It wasn't too bad, since we live in a pretty nice area I didn't have anxiety in bed at night
too much. Maybe a little bit, but I think that's normal when you are in a new house in a new town where you don't know anyone. The part of this trip that was hard was just being bored while Tate was gone. Jace and I tried to stay busy, but without knowing many people or many things to do around town it was a little dull around here. So needless to say, we're excited to have Tate come home!
Today we took out one of Jace's christmas toys that he hadn't played with yet. It's a water writer that he got from my best friend Alli. I thought it was cool, but I didn't realize how great it was until he actually got down and started drawing. All you do is fill these tubes with water and then write on this two sided board. It looks like you're drawing with a marker, but since it's just water you can't ruin the carpet, the highchair, the walls, etc! Oh, and because Jace has a habit of sucking on markers or chewing on crayons, I usually have to micro-manage arts and crafts time. He was so happy to be able to draw without me butting in, and it was so fun to watch. As the day went on he kept going back to the board.... he would lay on his tummy and draw quietly by himself. Very few things keep him entertained for more than a minute or two, so I was amazed!
(So for anyone who has a "crayon hungry" or "wall picasso" child... I HIGHLY recommend this water board, and it helps that I saw they are on clearance at Target... if your Target still has them they're probably $5 or so by now!)
After nap time we headed out to our favorite place, Target. I swear we're there 3 days a week! The person working up front even commented that we were back... how embarassing that we're already being recognized. Jace was super patient while I picked up some boring stuff so I decided to stop at Chick-fil-a on the way home and play in the play area there. I absolutely adore Chick-fil-a. The restaurant is so clean, it's a parents dream. They really put thought into their customers... each highchair has a purell wipe packet and a sticky disposable place mat resting on it. There are individual servings of Cheerios available for free for anyone who has babies or toddlers that just want a little snack, and they give away Eric Carle board books in the kids meals! I mean, come on, what type of fast food place takes that great of care of their customers? Anyways, he loved every minute of it... from the french fries and nuggets to climbing up the slides backwards. He was a happy camper!
When we got home we just hung out doing the usual... playing games, singing, reading books, tickling... all those fun mom things. He was in an extremely giggly mood all night and kept running around doing this hilarious deep belly laugh on repeat and stomping his feet. Who knows what got into him, but it was alot of fun! He's going to be so excited to see Tate when he wakes up in the morning... I can't wait to see his reaction. Anyways, here are some pictures of
us him the last couple days.
 |
| I love climbing into the glider and rocking myself! |
 |
| No worries mom, it's just water! |
 |
| Splasher Broze! |
 |
| Someone needs a haircut! |
 |
| I drew a picture with crayons yesterday... then I ate the crayons. |
3 comments:
He is way too cute!
We HAD that same fabric writter thing... Ava LOVES her magna doodle so I wanted to try it.. I think Im stupid because the tubes were different colors I thought the colors were going to write different.. we ended up bringing it back because It had a crack in the side part and they didnt have any more... buuuut if that one breaks... try those magna doodle things!
LOVE chick fil a :D
Yay I'm sooo happy he likes the water color thing! I'm glad it did what it was intended, fun for him and no worries for you! I love the pics as usual, he's just the cutest! When we come visit we have to try this chick fil a you talk about so much! It sounds so yummy!
Post a Comment