Friday, January 28, 2011

Making it work- Bathroom Edition

My dislike for our homes paint colors don't end with our bedroom unfortunately... our hall bathroom is lime green.  I was tempted to paint it since it clashed with our shower curtains and bath mats, but was talked out of it by Tate.  Instead he suggested I spend the money I would have spent on a quart of paint... on new bathroom stuff.  Well that's about, what, like $13?  Of course, I love a good bargain hunting challenge!  So off to Target Jace and I went... (again!)

Nothing... I mean nothing, matched the green walls.  I was left with two options... a plain white shower curtain for $15 (over budget) or a clearance kid-looking rainbow shower curtain for $7.  I decided to just go for it and make it look like a kid's bathroom, since after-all lime green walls aren't exactly very mature-looking to begin with.  I then found a few clearance wash clothes in white and teal, and then a couple white hand towels.  All of this totaled $13.  Yay!

I was still hesitant when I got home, but it's starting to grow on me.  It's fun and it matches... so I guess that it will work and I will not be bringing out the painter's tape after all!  I used a couple of teal things I had laying around the house, like a teal mirror and a wooden "Celebrate" cut out that I had painted last year, and also a funky teal picture frame.  All left over stuff from our old place.  So $13 dollars spent and here is the end result...



I should have turned on the light...
it's much more lime than this shows.
Towels and wash clothes for $1.98 a pack, love it!

I'm so obsessed with these wooden words... this is one of three up on our
walls right now, even though I'm not sure what there is to "Celebrate"
in the bathroom.  Ha!  Oh well,  can't beat $2 leftovers!


Not sure how to properly photograph a teeny tiny room...
but that's the old school mirror that I painted that was on
our old teal living room wall.

So yea... that's our lime guest bathroom.  I should have taken a before picture with the off-white hideous shower curtain they had hanging before!  It's an improvement for sure... even if it's a little "colorful" it makes me happy when I walk in there, and that's what a room should do.  Who knew $13 could change my feelings on lime walls forever??

2 comments:

Christin said...

CELEBRATE!!! in the shower ;)

Alli said...

I think it looks great! I love it! And there is PLENTY to celebrate in the bathroom... ;)