This week is going much better than last! For one, we're no longer sick over here. It seemed to really suck the energy out of us last week and we weren't able to get as much unpacked as we wanted to. Over the weekend we finished unpacking all of the boxes, but not everything has been put away yet. We've been patiently waiting for the moving company to come back and pick up all of the boxes and boxing paper that they used so that they can recycle it. Our entire garage, and part of our house has broken down boxes laying around, and we can't finish organizing until those things are out of our way. Since the entire garage is filled we have some big garage items hanging out in our living room. Since our new couch hasn't been delivered yet, this is ok for now, but hopefully they come and pick up all those boxes before the couch comes!
Because of this I have yet to take any pictures of our new place, even though I've been asked for them quite a few times. :) I just don't want to take pictures of the house while it still has random boxes and garage things in it, and also I'd rather wait until we get the couch and desk and whatnot. Hopefully that all happens soon so that I can finish organizing. I hate having things out of place. I know I could just shove things in closets and shut the doors, but that would bother me knowing that things aren't sorted properly!
The most important things in the house are all in there place though, thankfully, and we've been living our normal day to day lives for the past few days. Our fridge and cupboards are stocked with food and we've been enjoying having some home cooked meals finally. It's nice to be on a normal schedule again! Jace has been really enjoying life lately. He is loving bath time now that we have a big tub for him to play in, and he REALLY loves running around outside in the yard. He runs through the grass laughing the entire time! Once we come inside he's ready for naptime right away. I think because the ground is a little more uneven than being inside it works some different muscles and it tires him out quickly. He has been a little more mellow lately and even watched [part] of a tv show yesterday. It was an episode of Busytown Mysteries and he just sat on his couch in front of the TV, watching it. I was amazed! He never sits still long enough to watch a show, so maybe he's starting to develop a longer attention span for that type of thing. Or maybe he's just really getting bored of looking at my face all day! haha...
I took Jace to storytime today at the Summerville Library. It's a half an hour of singing songs, listening to books, and interacting with other kids his age. The class started today and only had four other kids in it, 3 were 18 months and one other boy was 14 months. It's amazing to see how big of a difference there is between a 14 month and an 18 month! The 18 month olds were communicating alot more clearly than Jace or the other 14 month old. Jace really loves being around other kids and seemed to have alot of fun, I only wish it would have lasted a little longer. Now we'll have to wait until next Tuesday to see kids again. Although, I did sign up for a meetup group in the area for moms and kids and will hopefully be going to some of those activities soon as well. There is a Children's museum about 25 minutes away from us, and an aquarium about 15 minutes away, so we plan on checking out those things soon too!
I took a video of Jace yesterday but the camcorder only had 40 seconds of open space left on it so it cut out and I have to transfer some to the computer and delete them off of it. Stupid thing. I promise I'll take a couple of good videos of Jace this week and post them on here as soon as I can. Last night I showed him a couple pictures on the computer of his relatives in Minnesota. He definitely got excited when he saw a picture of my mom and little brother Alex! He was squeeling and pointing at the screen. He also had a similar reaction when he saw a close up picture of his cousin Micah. I feel sad when I think about him not being around the people he has already grown to have an attachment to, but I know he's going to see them in a few months, whether it be people visiting us or us flying home for a visit. One thing I haven't found yet in all of the boxes we unpacked, is the webcam. Hopefully it's around here somewhere and we're going to have to set up a Skype account soon. I think Jace will really enjoy that, especially if all of his grandparents and aunts and uncles (and cousin!) join too. We're really excited that Jace's aunt Mandi (Tate's sister) will be coming down to visit in three weeks already! It's going to be really nice to see her and hopefully we'll make some fun plans in our new area so that we can all explore together.
2 comments:
The big question . . . is the guest room ready yet?? LOL Enjoying reading your blogs. Sounds like things are really come along now that you guys are back up to part! Say hi to Tate!
Glad to hear things are coming together for you and that Jace is enjoying the outdoors - far more than he would be doing here with all the snow and cold. I'm glad you guys tried out the storytime too, hopefully you can find a group of moms/kids to hang out with down there!
Post a Comment