Thanksgiving is a day behind us, but we're still pretty full over here! We had a good time with family and Jace had his first bites of turkey (he was not a fan), stuffing, green bean cassorole, and mashed potatoes and gravy. I would have offered him a larger variety of foods, but I was being cautious because his allergy test results didn't come back with good news. The doctor said based on the blood test he still has an allergy to both eggs and dairy. She's still optimistic that he will outgrow both allergies, but not anytime really soon. It was pretty disappointing news to get right before Thanksgiving. I had hoped they would tell me his allergies were showing signs of becoming less severe, but instead they look the exact same as they did 6 months ago. (Though a blood test is a somewhat inaccurate way to gauge how severe an allergy actually is, it's just a guideline.)
The doctor is sending Jace to an allergist to have some more extensive allergy tests done. We should be able to get alot more information on what exactly Jace can and cannot eat and what type of reaction he'd have it he were to be exposed inadvertantly to eggs or dairy. She wants us to go to make sure that, if necessary, we have an epi-pen on us if Jace starts having a severe allergic reaction. I hope it won't come to that. I'm looking forward to getting some more clarity on the situation because I'm super cautious whenever I give him any new foods just in case. Right now he's drinking soy milk, instead of whole milk. It would be nice to know if almond milk is an alternative instead, since I don't want to give him that much soy. At this point, I've been advised not to give Jace any nuts of any kind, including almond milk, until we know what all he is allergic to. It will take us severel weeks before we can get in to see the allergist, since his schedule is pretty booked up, so until then we'll keep the food routine that we have now.
I went shopping at 4 am on Black Friday, which was stupid. I didn't have any big "door buster" purchases to make, but I wanted to get some shopping in before Jace woke up. I started at Target at 4 am and after parking super far away and freezing to death, there was nothing in the store that I could see was worth standing in a long line for, so I left after a few minutes and headed out. When I went to grab my car keys I realized I had forgotten my wallet in the diaper bag at home... good thing I didn't wait in line for an hour before realizing this! I headed home and grabbed my wallet, and thought that I would make the trip worth it by stopped at the drive thru Caribou Coffee by our house. When I pulled up the cashier told me they were out of water and were not able to make coffee. So at this point Black Friday is not going my way, AT ALL.
I finally found coffee and met up with my sister in law at Fleet Farm to do a little toy shopping for Micah and Jace. (Micah's birthday is coming up in December so he needed double the gifts!) After leaving Fleet Farm my Black Friday rush was back and I was ready to keep going. I stopped a couple other places before heading home at 8 am to get Jace up. We left the house together around 11 am for the mall, and spent another few hours shopping. Jace was so patient and I got all of my holiday shopping completely done. I am so happy to be done early this year, and to get good deals on gifts that I hope people really like.
Now I'm just unwinding and thinking it's going to be an early bedtime tonight. This next week is going to fly by very quickly. I will be spending a few days at my moms house taking care of my brother and the house while she's in the hospital having surgery, and then taking care of her when she gets home. It will be interesting staying over at her house with Jace for an extended period of time since nothing is child proofed. Oofta, sounds like alot of chasing after him! Especially since his new favorite thing to do is climb stairs, and she has a few large staircases... sans baby gates. I'm just glad I'm able to be there to help out now that my schedule has freed up a bit with Micah having a new daycare provider next week. I hardly remember what life without two babies is like!
No comments:
Post a Comment