We still plan to get together with relatives and eat a delicious feast of dinner... but that doesn't leave alot of room (time-wise, or stomach-wise) for establishing our own little family tradition. I decided that the only logical thing to do is a small special breakfast tradition. Can't eat too much or we won't have room for the feast later in the day!
I found a recipe called Thanksgiving Bread online and I think it will be perfect with a cup of coffee on Thanksgiving morning. It combines two of the best thanksgiving flavors, pumpkin and cranberries!
Thanksgiving Bread
Ingredients:
Directions:
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin and oil; mix well. Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon into two greased 8-1/2-in. x 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks.

1 comment:
I love the idea of starting your own breakfast tradition (-: I keep thinking about good ways to start our own holiday traditions and it just feels crazy with everything going on and that is a great way to do it!
Post a Comment