Monday, November 15, 2010

The One Year Old

As much fun as Jace's birthday party was, we were all glad to take a lazy Sunday to relax and recooperate once it was all over.  We spent Sunday morning putting together alot of Jace's new toys, eating lots of leftovers and watching the Vikings game.  (Wah. Wah.)  Once the game was over we realized it was still really early so we decided to get dressed and head to the mall for a bit.  When it's winter in Minnesota and you have a baby there isn't much else to do to get out of the house :)

We had fun looking around the mall and got a new outfit for Jace with a giftcard he had gotten.  He now has some ripped jeans, a graphic long sleeve shirt and some dress socks from Gap kids.  I never really understood why people shopped at Gap for their kids until I put him in his new jeans.  Yea, they may be three times more expensive than most kids jeans, but the quality and fit is awesome!  They have an adjustable waist and can be rolled to shorten the length, meaning he'll be able to wear these jeans for about a year... which is unheard of and makes them worth the money.

After dinner we stopped at Outback for dinner.  Jace was obsessed with the bread they serve you when you first get there... we ended up getting a second loaf just to bring home for him to eat.  He and Micah split it today at snack time.

Today I re-organized Jace's bedroom to make it less of a nursery and more of a kids room.  I didn't do much, obviously, since we'll be moving in two months.  I put the changing table away since Jace never lays still for diaper changes anymore, so it's just wasting space and I always end up wrestling with him through all of his changes anyways.  It was a little sad to pack it away... not as sad as I'll be when I pack up his crib, but close.  I also got rid of the ottoman and moved the glider to a different spot since he's past the rocking to sleep or nursing stage.  Which was another bittersweet change.  It was really nice to be able to put more toys in his bedroom though, that means less in our living room :)

My mom sent me a couple of pictures she captured at Jace's birthday party, which was nice since most of ours didn't turn out.  I was able to fix our camera setting after the party and get alot of shots of Jace having fun with his new toys... it's not quite the same though!  Here are some of the party and also the few days since.


Nuggets and Fries for my birthday!

Dump Truck!

Daddy did my hair today

I got a Cozy Coupe!

Ok, fine I DO like cake.

Putting on my b-day sweater the next morning to take a pic with my balloons!

I love giving my Wocket kisses.

PJ Sunday

Getting home from the mall.

Love my new elmo camera.

My first year ribbon board.

My new "big-boy" bedroom, and my man cave.

No comments: