Monday, November 1, 2010

First Halloween

Yesterday was Jace's first Halloween!  Last year, I desperately wanted him to arrive before Halloween so I could dress him up in a cute newborn costume. (His due date was Halloween 2009, but based on the fact his birthday is Nov 13th, you see how well that worked out for me, ha!)  But, now that I'm not huge and pregnant and bitter, I'm so glad he was old enough to enjoy his first halloween with dressing up and "trick or treating".  It dawned on me though, that this is his last first holiday.  This Thanksgiving and Christmas will be his second, which is crazy.  I started looking back at old videos and pictures of him last holiday season, which gave me a little baby fever.  In those moments it's always good to have friends around you that will beat that baby fever right out of you with reminders of those 9 swollen months of pregnancy, followed by 9 months of getting up numerous times a night with the baby.  Baby fever cured.  :)



Tate brought home a pumpkin for Jace the night before Halloween, and Jace thoroughly enjoyed rolling it around the apartment. 






In costume on Halloween.  Jace where are you hiding??





Trick or Treating





Auntie Mandi came to spend Halloween with me!





Catching on quickly!




Jace loved Trick or Treating!  Even though he's a little young to really understand what he's doing... he knew he was doing something fun.  He really liked seeing other little kids in costume, too.  We only went to four houses right around the corner, but I'm so glad we went!  Being the dorky new parents that we are, we recorded the whole thing. (Thanks to Auntie Mandi!)  I edited the video just to show the last house that we went to... Jace was starting to learn that he was supposed to say something when we got to the front door in order to be given candy. 



No comments: