Saturday, November 13, 2010

Jace's First Birthday

Today was Jace's first birthday, and mother nature decided to give him a snow storm!  It was the first snow fall of the season, and it was a big one!  We were bummed out at first that only half of the people who were originally planning on coming to his party were still coming.  But, it ended up being the perfect amount of people.  We were so happy our friends and family came out, even in the snow, to show Jace how much they love him.  I was nervous that a big party would overstimulate him and make him tired (since he usually naps during that time) but he did wonderfully!  He loves being around people and was in his element. 

Jace got to have chicken nuggets and french fries for lunch as a nice birthday treat.  He ignored the nuggets mostly, but loved the fries.  Everyone else got to eat pulled turkey sandwiches, cheesy hashbrown potatoes, and Tequila Berry's salad.  My friend Alli was nice enough to make a Buffalo Chicken Cheese dip for an appetizer and my mom brought a couple of veggie and dip trays.  Jace had two birthday cakes... one for everyone else to eat (my own version of Chocolate Cavity Maker Cake) and one very special one for him to smash eat (an egg-free, dairy-free marble cake that I baked just to be cautious, didn't want any allergic reactions on his birthday!).  I'm definitely not a pro cake decorator, but I had fun trying.  :)





Jace received alot of really fun gifts for his birthday!  You know your life has changed when all of a sudden you're getting excited about Little People figurines and Cozy Coupes!  I can't wait until tomorrow when we can dig in and take everything out of the box and play.  People were so generous!  Jace got his very own suitcase for our upcoming trip, a puppy pal, a little people barn, Dr Suess stuff, cars with a car rug, a play tent, a toy puppy on a leash, a dump truck, a cozy coupe, a fancy ride on train, and elmo camera, a tear jerking memory book  (Ok, I may have cried... a little.), and lots of other fun things!  It's so much more fun to watch your kid open up gifts than it ever was to open them yourself.  (Speaking of which, my mom's been asking me lately what I want for my birthday and christmas... umm, what?  I don't know what I want outside of stuff for Jace anymore!  I asked for a hot glue gun and staple gun... SUPER exciting!)

Unfortunately our camera got switched onto a fuzzy setting, so we didn't get any good pictures of his party... I'm crossing my fingers that other people got some good ones and will send them to us soon!  We did get a video though, so I took a few snapshot clips of the video to post on here (The video would get really long).




Kisses for his "Wocket"


Elmo!

Looking at himself in the book mirror.

Thinking his duck costume is silly.

Clapping for good presents!

"What da heck?"

"I got a cozy coupe!"

Chasing Alex into the tent.

Look at my new igloo tent.


Blowing out the candles.

My very own cake!

Yuck!  I HATE cake!



No comments: