Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bee City

Last Friday Jace and I headed to Cottageville to check out Bee City, which is a honey farm and large petting zoo.  It was a ton of fun for Jace!  I was actually surprised that there were as many animals as there were... when you hear "petting zoo" you don't expect to see giant hares, leopards, alpacas, aligators, tarantulas... etc. 

The kids were able to hang out with the bunnies in the bunny hutch and even see little itty bitty newborn bunnies.  They were able to feed the monkey and lemurs cheerios... and the deer, llamas, alpacas and everything else got fed pellets.  Jace liked feeding the monkeys and the deer the most it seemed.  Once we were done walking outside we headed inside to look at all the snakes, spiders, turtles and baby aligators.  Jace always loves turtles so those were a big hit.  He was a little apprehensive about the baby aligator though, and didn't want to get too close... which was fine by me!

There were other fun things at Bee City, like an entire house built at a tilt for the kids to run through.  I tried to go in it with Jace but immediately my vertigo took over and I had to let him run through it without me... once it was time to move on he started screaming because he would have been happy spending the entire day running through that house.

I tried to take a few pictures, but trying to take pictures of a toddler running around never seems to work very well... which is why I was happy to see our friend Sarah had taken numerous pictures of Jace and I that I didn't even know she was taking at the time.  Pictures of us together??  Unheard of. 

"Hi there fluffy buddy!"

Umm... Lily, I have a stick, watch out!

Trying to feed the goats all by himself...

Here you go monkey!

Turtles!

Baby aligator...

Sick of having my hands licked at this point...

No comments: