Alright, back to basics. I guess I should share what's been going on with us lately. Tate and I welcomed Jace Nicolson into the world on November 13th, 2009. And, as any parent knows, our whole lives changed instantly. Jace was an amazingly happy, well natured baby and continues to have that personality now that he's approaching 11 months. I feel so blessed to have him in my life, he brings joy to every day.
Right now Jace is into everything, and my life consists of chasing after him and pulling random items out of his mouth. He isn't walking yet, but is a speed-crawler and loves to pull himself up onto things and explore them that way. He's always been a very vocal baby, which is always amusing. At this point I don't even remember all of the words he has said, but the ones he likes to say often are: dada, mama, ball, yea, yay, hey, dat? (means "that?" and points to different things), "ticka" (means a variety of things, including tickle, tigger, Micah...), ha-ha-ha (evil laugh), bu-bye (with a wave), ga-ga (grandma). You get the point. It's so fun to watch him learn new things.
Jace LOVES elmo and beach balls. If you ask him where either of them are he will point and then go get them and bring them to you. He's learning to play nicely with his cousin Micah, who is a month younger than he is. Micah comes over Monday through Thursday to play while his parents are at work. It's nice for Jace to have someone his own size around to play, and Micah seems to really like coming over too.
I go to work each day after Micah leaves. I'm working as the housing specialist of an apartment complex in White Bear Lake, which is the same job I had while I was pregnant. The nicest thing about it now, though, is that we moved here after I had Jace. So, I work and live at the same place! I also do caretaking in our building... nothing like vacuuming stairs and picking up cigarette butts :) I'm still liceansed as a cosmetologist so it's a nice way to bring in some extra money on the side, doing hair, too.
Tate was just promoted from his current job in finance to the south-east retail operations manager of the large dairy company he works for. He has been waiting several months for this oppurtunity to come along and is so happy that he was offered the job. He is currently transitioning between his finance job and this new management position, so he has been traveling some lately. Once the transition is complete and he is done with training we will be relocating to the south-east region. We haven't finalized a location yet... but Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA seem to be the top of both of our lists. The move won't take place until sometime in early 2011... most likely January or February. I'm very glad we'll be able to spend the Holidays in MN.
The thought of moving so far from "home" is a little scary and definitely comes with mixed emotions. But, I think that we will look back and be glad that we took a leap of faith and dove into something completely unknown. Tate will be traveling alot for work, so I will be staying home with Jace. An actual stay-at-home-mom! Sounds too good to be true. I am looking forward to being able to have hobbies, read books, exercise, take classes... all sorts of things I put off and blame on being "too busy". Maybe I'll even start knitting Jace all of his clothing, just kidding... ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment