Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pine Tree Apple Orchard

Last weekend we checked out Pine Tree Apple Orchard in White Bear Lake.  It's set right on Pine Tree lake and it's breathtakingly beautiful there.  We bought some yummy apple donuts, cider cookies and caramel apples... strangely enough we didn't buy any apples though! We took Jace on a wagon ride through the orchard, which he seemed to really enjoy.  If he was a little more sturdy on his feet we would have tried out the corn maze and the pumpkin patch... maybe if he's walking before the December snow hits, we will go again.


Last night I had a few girlfriend's over.  While I was coloring Rachelle's hair, Alli and Jace went exploring in his room.  Well, what did they find??  An old pacifier.   Even though he hasn't had a pacifier in 4 months or more, he remembered it well!  There he sat, sucking away on his "pluggy" and smiling from behind it,  he was so cute!  It was kind of a sad moment for me because I realized how much he's grown up and that the "baby" phase of his life is over.  He's a toddler now!  He's no longer that cuddley, pacifier sucking, bald little baby. 

Don't get me wrong, I adore the stage that he's at right now and everyday is so much fun watching him explore and learn... BUT, there are definitely times where I wish he would still want to sit and cuddle for a minute instead of pushing me away so that he can get back to exploring and moving around.  Oh well, I'm glad I've taken alot of picture along the way, so whenever I need my "baby fix" I can scroll through memory lane.  :)








1 comment:

Jodi said...

Love the blog Katrina! I started one last month for Allie too - like you said it's easy to forget what they were like at certain stages and I want to have stories to go along with the pictures! I'm also sad that you're moving - I saw it on M&M's, but I didn't know it was happening so soon! Like you said, it is a good change for your family, but you (and Jace) will be missed. Hopefully I'll get to a couple playdates with you before you leave.
-Jodi