Monday, March 5, 2012

Chef Jace's Lazy Weekend

We had a super lazy "sweatpants" kinda weekend at home, thanks to a ton of rain on Saturday and Sunday.  It was nice to take it easy, but the weekend seemed to fly by and before we knew it, it was Monday.  We headed to our favorite mexican restaurant on Friday night to celebrate Tate being recognized at work with a bonus.  (Any excuse to go out and overeat, really!)  Then on Saturday and Sunday we rented a bunch of movies and laid around the house watching those, and playing with Jace.  We also baked.  Jace and I made some "healthier" monster cookies.  He loves helping in the kitchen these days, and also helped me with Monday's chicken fajita salad lunch.  As soon as I mention that I'm going to start cooking he runs and pulls a chair up to help.  So sweet!

Babysitter "Potato Head" to the rescue, so that Mommy
and Daddy could sit on the couch and watch movies :)


First thing Sunday morning... I'd kill for that
kind of crazy energy!

Loves, loves, loves coloring!

Practicing shapes


Watching Madagascar and eating lunch on the couch,
perfect lazy day :)

Adding the m&ms to our cookies

Making chicken fajita salad for lunch for Mommy and Daddy

He was so focused on mixing together the salad base, I couldn't help
but capture it on camera.  :)

Adding cheese for a finishing touch.  Time to eat!

No comments: