Sunday, March 11, 2012

11 Questions

I was tagged in a blogging game by my friend Jodi!  I enjoyed reading through hers, and since she tagged me figured I better do my own.  Here are the rules:

Post a picture of yourself, tell us 11 things we might not know about you, answer the 11 questions asked of you, then write 11 new questions and tag some friends to play along (let them know you tagged them!)

Ok so finding a picture was nearly impossible, I'm always behind the camera.  I need to start asking Tate to take some once in a while so all our pictures aren't of either Jace by himself or with daddy.  This one was the only semi-recent non blurry picture on my camera.  It's about 4 months old.





11 Random Things:

1. I have three addictions: caffeine, food and thrift shopping.  I go from drinking coffee all morning to drinking diet dr pepper all day.  I really have to struggle to force water down.  As far as food goes, I love it all.  I love healthy food, I love junk food... and I'm always hungry.  Sometimes Tate gets annoyed because he hears "I'm hungry" so often during the day, he thinks I'm exaggerating but I just really am always hungry.  Thrift shopping... let's just say I have a hard time driving by the thrift store, knowing there are good deals in there, and not stopping!  Even though it's "shopping" I feel like I save so much money on Jace's wardrobe, books and educational toys that it's not a problem.  Right?!

2. There is nothing that makes me happier than spending time outside with my family in the sunshine.  Especially doing something active like walking, hiking, or playing at the park.  Sunshine saves lives.  Good thing we live in South Carolina...

3. I was named after my mom's best childhood friend.  Jace was named after Tate's uncle Jason, who sadly passed away in his twenties.  Jace's middle name (Nicolson) is my mom's maiden name.  I already have a name picked out for a daughter if I ever have one, and it's a family name also.

4. My due date with Jace was Halloween but he wasn't born until Friday the 13th of November, after a 36 hour induction process.  He weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and was 23 inches long. 

5. I had six wisdom teeth... they've all been removed.  Along with four other molars that were removed before I had braces.  In other words I've had ten permanent teeth removed.  When I was a kid I had to wear a headgear at night.  I can only imagine what my mouth would have looked like had I been born before dental work existed!  Yikes!

6. I hate folding and putting away laundry.  Hate it.  It's my least favorite household chore, and there is always so much of it!  I do about 8 loads of laundry a week, and it usually takes me a good 4 days to finally get the motivation to put the clean laundry away.

7. We eat mexican food at least 3 times a week.  I could eat mexican food every day and never get sick of it.  Luckily Tate feels the same way.

8.  My favorite movie is Steel Magnolias.  Always has been, always will be.  :)

9.  As one of four kids, growing up in a thrifty household, I never had "much".  I had plenty, but my parents weren't materialistic by any means and wanted us learn to work for things we wanted.  I appreciate being raised that way... but I do find myself buying Jace alot of things sometimes as a way to over compensate for my childhood.  I don't want him to be spoiled, but I think subconsciously I'm trying to make up for some of my childhood insecurities about having old generic clothes, and wondering why all my friends had so many more toys than I did.  Can I say again that I absolutely don't want him to become spoiled or feel entitled to whatever he wants... so I guess it's all about finding that happy medium.

10.  Elevators give me vertigo, I try to avoid them and take the stairs unless I'm feeling really hydrated and rested.  If not, I will feel light headed and dizzy for several minutes after getting off.

11.  The day Tate and I met consists of board games, sweatpants and having dance offs to Michael Jackson in the living room.  I guess you could say we were pretty comfortable around each other immediately!  Comfortable in a nervous butterflies totally smitten type of way of course...



Jodi's questions for me:

1. What super power would you like to have?
Umm... being able to snap my finger to get something done.


2. If you could do any job in the world, what would it be?  A stay at home mom. :)  Ok, but if not that... I would want to own my own a little shop in a cool part of town, with merchandise mainly for women and kids.

3. How many kids do you want to have? Why? 2.5... I teeter between 2 and 3, I guess I will decide as I go.

4. Where is a place you would like to travel? I hope to stay in a cabin in the Smokey Mountains in the next month or two.  We drive through them often, but haven't spent any real time there... and a relaxing mountain cabin sounds amazing right about now.

5. What celebrity annoys you the most? Probably Mariah Carey and her horrid skanky wardrobe

6. What is the last good book you read?  Oh gosh... "Raising Your Spirited Child"... does that count?? :)

7. If you are married or have a significant other, what are your favorite and least favorite things about them?  Favorite is that he's just naturally funny, hardworking and passionate... which alot of people strive for.  Least favorite is that he's passionate.  Lol, I guess it's a double edged sword.

8. How many places have you lived in your lifetime? Um... 7.  The first 5 were in the Twin Cities, MN.  The most recent two have been in the Charleston, SC area.

9. What inspired you to start blogging?  Reading other "mom blogs" and thinking that it was a great way to give something to your kids when they're older that shows their childhood through your eyes.  Also, we were moving out of MN and wanted to be able to share our lives with family that was far away.

10. What do you eat for breakfast?  It depends, usually just coffee for the first hour I'm awake.  Then eggs and toast, or cottage cheese and fruit, or peanut butter toast, or regular cheerios and almond milk.  On the weekends we will usually make something more elaborate.

11. What are you wearing right now? Jeans and a hot pink drapey t-shirt from Express.


The next section is supposed to be me making up 11 questions and tagging people... the only problem is I don't really know anyone that blogs besides the people that already did this!!  I guess I'll skip that step for now and feel like a loser that I don't have more bloggy friends.  :)

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Yay, thanks for doing this! Haha about the end... I felt the same way, most of my blog "friends" had already been tagged, I didn't have hardly anyone left to tag!! I'm totally a blog loser! I know you don't normally do posts like this, so I wasn't even sure if you'd go for it.. but thank you!