Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Writing from our hotel in Charleston

Hi!  Just sitting in our hotel room in Charleston.  Tate's out working this morning and Jace is napping... the trip has been a whirlwind so far.  We just got in to Charleston yesterday afternoon and drove around a little before stopping for an early dinner, by the time we were done eating it was dark out so we had to stop browsing neighborhoods.  I'm anxious to get back out there today and tour a few houses.  We have an appointment at 1:00 today to see a 4 bedroom house right near the ocean in Mount Pleasant.  It's one of Tate's favorite picks, but I'm not convinced yet.  Seeing it will definitely bring clarity!

Savannah was beautiful (in parts) and unique but TOTALLY not for us.  No offense to Savannah-lovers at all, but it was way out of our comfort zone.  I knew there was a reason that I didn't feel like it was the right fit just from research and pictures... I'll post more on that later!

So far Charleston looks amazing, exactly what I thought it would be.  We're staying in a Marriott overlooking the bay, it's very pretty.  After our appointment in Mount Pleasant we're going to drive down to James Island and then to downtown Charleston and get a feel for that area.  We saw a little of Summerville last night and it was a very cute, safe area with palm trees in alot of the yards.  The only downfall is being 25 minutes from downtown and 30+ minutes from the nearest coast.  The upside to Summerville is you get a lot more house for your money than you do in Mount Pleasant, downtown Charleston or James Island.  Too many decisions!!

Even though the trip has been fun, I'm feeling a little homesick.  I think it's because I know this isn't just a normal vacation... it's finalizing our move.  I can't believe we're moving in 30 days.  It's going to be very strange to say goodbye to Minnesota.  We've taken lots of pictures, and I'll make sure to post them along with alot more details when we get back!

No comments: