- As usual, he is a ball of energy and full of laughs, but now that he's been walking for a couple of months he is truely non-stop! He usually prefers running to walking, and can easily stand back up when he falls down. It's sort of funny watching him stand himself back up because he sticks his butt all the way up in the air first and then pulls the rest of his body up (picture the yoga pose "downward dog" and there you have it!).
- His favorite place to hang out is in his play tent. He loves playing with toys or reading in the tent on occasion, but usually he just likes to purposely fall over and roll around in the pile of pillows over and over again or try to tip it over on it's side. He gets super excited if we squeeze in the tent with him and he laughs uncontrollably the whole time.
- His favorite thing to play with lately is his V-tech Alphabet Train (a birthday gift from his great grandparents). This is a GREAT toy. There is one block for every letter in the alphabet and you attach it to the front of the train to hear what that letter is and what words start with the letter. Jace's favorite part is putting blocks through it. There is a little shoot on the top and everytime you stick a block threw it flies out the back and giggles. He also likes singing along with it when it sings the A,B,Cs. Actually, he likes singing/humming along with any of his toys that play music.
- Jace has learned some new dance moves that are pretty funny. The one he's been doing lately reminds me of Flashdance when she's dancing to "Maniac". He shakes his head back and forth quickly while he stomps his feet back and forth and flails his arms around. I have NO IDEA where he learned this... he never watches TV, so he must have just come up with it on his own. The funniest part about it is that he will break into dancing randomly while he's running around, no music playing or anything.
- His favorite animal is a monkey. He still calls most animals "goggie" (doggie), no matter what they are though. He has two soft plush monkeys that he carries around with him all the time. They have velcro on the hands and feet so alot of the time I'll wrap them around him so he has one on the front and one of the back and he'll run around with them like that. He thinks it's pretty funny.
- Jace has started getting into make believe. The other day I sat back and watched him off in his own world talking to his sesame street figurines and moving them around on the coffee table, he even had them "talk" to eachother. He also has started pushing his cars or trucks around while making "car-like" noises. Another thing he's done to show he's starting to get into the concept of make believe is putting different things on the back of his train and pushing them around for a ride. He does this with his stuffed animals mostly, but the other day I helped him put his turtle pillow pet on the train and he thought it was really funny to give him a ride.
- Speaking of his pillow pet (a new thing he just was gifted from my cousin Joni, thanks Joni!), even though he doesn't sleep with pillows yet he understands what they are. He will randomly run over to his pillow pet and lay down, rubbing his head back and forth on it while he hums or says "nigh, nigh". Then he quickly gets up and goes back to what he was doing. I don't blame his for doing it, those pillow pets are so soft! I'm a little jealous I don't have one. :)
- He isn't saying many new words lately, but he is forming more sounds and mimicking us alot more. I have a feeling as soon as he starts stringing the sounds together he was be jibber jabbering non-stop. Alot of the time he will whine when he wants something so I try to remember to tell him to "use his words" instead.
- I've stopped giving him utensils with meals most of the time. He has his moments where he'll barely touch his food, and the utensils seem to only serve as a distraction. I'd rather have him eating enough, and worry about him practising with forks and spoons in a month or two. Yesterday and the day before, for example, he hardly touched any of his meals and just wanted to get down and play instead. He spit almost all of his dinner out two nights in a row, and I knew if I made him something else or gave him something more "snacky" it would only encourage his picky behavior. Last night, it must have caught up with him because he woke up crying at 9:30 pm. I put him in his highchair and gave him a huge bowl of cassorole that he sucked down in less than a minute, so I gave him a second bowl and he sucked that whole thing down too. I've never seen him eat that much, that quickly. After that he went right back to bed. Today he ate both his breakfast and lunch without wasting any or throwing it on the floor, so I think we made some progress. :)
- At times, Jace will be a great eater. It just seems that once in a while for a day or two he'll become really picky. This could be pain from his molars coming in, or just a random toddler power struggle. His favorite foods are burittos, bananas, green beans, french fries (groan), cooked carrots, pretzel goldfish, and pasta. He will usually eat any of those things regardless of how he's feeling. While we were on our trip he also developed an extreme love for Nutri-grain bars while we were on the go. It's pretty funny walking him walk around taking bites off of a cereal bar, he looks so grown up!
I'm sure there are lots of other things I'm just forgetting right now. I've tried to catch him on camera doing a couple of his dance moves, but as soon as he sees the camera he stops. If I get a good one, I'll post it!
| At Micah's first b-day party |
| He fell asleep like this. |
| Alphabet Train |
No comments:
Post a Comment