Well... the move is behind us. Thankfully :) As with anything, there were a few "hiccups". Jace came down with a bad cold a few days before our move... and it's still lingering. We moved the majority of our items on Saturday, and spent Sunday cleaning the old place and moving a few final items. We had a birthday party on Sunday afternoon for one of Jace's buddies, so we cut the cleaning short and left a little for me to take care of early Monday morning before our walk through.
**
I took some low quality cell phone pictures this week to send to Tate periodically throughout the week while he was out of town. I thought I would share them here, but they are really blurry and dark thanks to my circa 1998 phone. Oh well :)
 |
| Little sicky cuddling up the night before the move. |
 |
| Some moving fuel ;) |
 |
Moving a few things in at night, Jace was monkey-ing around on the couch
and I yelled down for him to stop. It took him about 30 seconds before
he realized it was me, and not God talking to him from above :) |
Sunday night we unpacked the first couple of boxes before crashing early out of exhaustion. Tate left at 4 am Monday morning for San Diego, leaving Jace and I to unpack the house for the next five days. I woke up Monday morning and got ready to head over to the old house to do a few paint touch ups and last minute cleaning before our 11 am walk-through with the property management company. As I walked out to the car at 8 am, I realized Tate had accidentally taken the carseat with him to the airport... which threw me into full on panic mode. Luckily I was able to get ahold of a friend nearby that was able to run over and stay with Jace while I drove to the airport to find Tate's car and get the carseat. I didn't have the GPS or internet access yet, so I was speeding to the parking lot Tate uses for airport parking while my sister in law was on the phone navigating me there through her computer's mapquest. Let's just say it was a little chaotic. By the time I got the carseat, got home and got Jace, and drove over the the old house it was 10:45 and the walk through was in fifteen minutes. The property manager got there at exactly 11 and long-story-short I was stuck at the house until 2:30. By the time I got back to the "new house" as Jace calls it, it was getting dark and the whole house was still boxes. Totally depressing.
Monday night I got a little unpacking done, but Jace was very hyper-active after being cooped up in the old house all day while I cleaned. So after trying to unpack his bedroom with his "help" I decided to take him outside for a walk. He decided he wanted to push his cozy coupe all over the neighborhood. He met a bunch of neighbor kids who were riding bikes around and playing together. He was sooo excited to get to "play" with the big kids. Once it was time to go home, Jace threw a full on tantrum in the middle of the street and I had to pick him up under my arm while he was kicking and screaming and drag his cozy coupe home with the other hand. And yes, lots of our new neighbors witnessed this... it's a good thing they all have a good sense of humor and just laughed instead of giving me the
"oh my gosh I think she's abusing her kid" look that those who haven't been there before tend to give. :)
 |
| Why ride when I can push?! |
 |
"Helping" mommy unpack my room.
|
Tuesday I headed to work, and Jace had fun being able to get some energy out and play with the kids. Unfortunately that didn't mean he was tired enough to take a nap. He refused to nap all week, and also refused to go to bed until 10:30 or 11 each night. By the time I was done fighting with him to stay in bed, I was so exhausted I would just pass out without doing much work around the house. I'm hoping this refusing to sleep thing is just a short phase... because I want my easy sleeper back!
 |
| At school |
 |
"Surprise mommy! It's 11 pm and I'm still awake."
Everynight he snuck downstairs over and over and over... |
One night I was so tired of fighting with him over nap, and unpacking boxes... that we ran a couple of "fun errands" right around bedtime. When I was unpacking I found a birthday gift of Jace's that needed to be returned, so we exchanged that for a few fun toys, and then stopped and picked up "mommy's treat"... some sushi and Biggby coffee for me. The fact that I was living out of boxes in a creepy new house that makes weird noises and had an overly tired two year old refusing to sleep somehow seemed alot less stressful after the most delicious dinner and dessert coffee ever. :)
 |
Apparently I cropped Jace out of this picture... but don't worry the sushi
and Biggby made it in. :) |
Finally Wednesday I was able to get some work done on the house in the morning, since I had the day off. I found the majority of the toy boxes, so that was a huge help to keep Jace occupied while I organized.
 |
| Toy dump... |
 |
| Twenty minutes later Jace's room was actually functional. |
The rest of the week was much more relaxing... Jace and I enjoyed the normal everyday things, and had gotten much more settled in. I was so relieved to get the worst of the move behind us. The rest of the week we focused on having fun and getting back to normal after a stressful few weeks. I feel like now that the move is behind us I have a whole new sunny outlook on life, lol!
 |
Someone found their long lost flip-out couch... I can't
wait to dye this thing a solid color for the playroom. |
 |
Taking a bath while mommy takes a shower and gets ready.
I had no idea how amazing having a seperate shower and
tub in the same room is for a mom who just wants to feel
human and has a kid who thinks sleeping is for sissys :) |
 |
Running circles in the culdesac to get some crazy two year old energy out
before bed. Didn't work... he was still up until 11 :) |
 |
| Very excited about his new cash register. |
 |
| "Let me out! I want to play!" |
 |
| Hooray for toys finally being released from their boxes! |
Tate got home at midnight on Friday, and we are very excited to be spending a weekend relaxing as a family in our new home. The house still has plenty of work to be done... but for now, we're just enjoying our weekend together. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment