I'm behind on blogging, just like every other aspect of my life. I know everyone feels a little behind after the holidays, but lately I've been feeling completely and totally worn down. Over the last two months we've had two different 10 day trips to Minnesota, Jace's second birthday, potty training, Thanksgiving, a visitor staying with us, my birthday, Christmas, and about 10 different illnesses between the three of us. Then we found out we already have 5 weddings in Minnesota next summer already on the schedule. (I'm the maid of honor in two of them, one is my brothers, and Jace is the ring bearer in 3 of them... so these aren't really ones we could skip). Since we're not made of money I may have to just stay in Minnesota for a month or two during that time.
I was so looking forward to putting the last two months behind us and focusing on getting back on a normal schedule in the new year. Unfortunately, we received notice right before we left for Christmas that we would have to find a new place to live because the owner of our house won't be renewing our lease. A few weeks earlier we had been told the lease would be renewed if we wanted, so we were taken by surprise getting a notice like that without explanation. Our calls have been unanswered, so all we can make of it is that the owner is now able to afford her mortgage and must be wanting to move back in. It's very frustrating to be kicked out of your home with a month's notice.
We've been spending the last week house hunting like crazy, but really not getting anywhere. We've definitely ruled out plenty of houses and neighborhoods, but haven't found anything that feels right yet, and Tate's about to start traveling alot again next week so time is running out. I think all the stress is contributing to us coming down with way more sickness than usual. We all got the stomach flu last week and at the same time I had a cold... which I'm still fighting this week. I know we'll figure things out, and life will calm down... but at this point I feel bad for anyone who has to come in contact with me. Let's just say I wasn't that nice to the guy who I had to do returns with last night at Express when he told me he couldn't do what I wanted him to. Oops. Normally I'm the cool headed one, the rational one, the calm one... not this week. So it's probably best I just stay locked inside for a while until I shake off my bad attitude.
So lately I feel like I'm slacking in every aspect of my life... as an interactive mom, as a housewife (a few too many frozen pizza's have been made lately!), definitely as a moms group organizer, and I have fear that I'm not going to make a very good maid of honor (twice) in the next few months either. I think all of this has led me to a couple conclusions... life in 2012 has to have a few changes. Maybe I'm just saying this because I feel overwhelmed right now, but my goals for 2012 are basically to simplify life and make time for the things that are truly most important,. I think alot of my guilt lately comes because with all of this I just haven't had time for the mom's group that I organize... I can't go to events much anymore, and I barely have the time or energy to think of fun activities to put on the calendar... and I don't want the group to suffer because of it.
Who knows what the next few weeks and months will bring, but I'm going to try to keep the stressing to a minimum and have faith everything will work out as it should. Fingers crossed.
1 comment:
Now that you are done with your traveling for a while things will probably settle down. Once things slow down, things will fall back into place. And don't you ever worry that you are not being a good maid of honor! All I want from you is for you to be there with me that day and to have fun and party with us at the reception! And maybe let me vent about frustrations and stresses once in a while before that :) And you have always been good at that one!
Post a Comment