The first time I celebrated Tate's birthday with him we were still somewhat newly dating. I wanted to bake him a birthday cake that he would really like... but baking had never really been my thing. Knowing that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach sent me online researching an easy and delicious chocolate cake recipe that even I couldn't mess up. ;) Ok, I'm sort of kidding... but who wants to screw up the first birthday cake they ever bake for their significant other?? Not me.
After searching online recipes, I combined what I'd read in a few different cake recipes, along with some reviews from people who'd tried the recipes and came up with the Sex Cavity Chocolate Cake. It's a combination of a Better Than Sex cake and a Chocolate Cavity Maker cake, with a few personal tweeks. This cake is NOT from scratch, so if you shudder at the sound of starting a cake recipe with a box... you may want to quit reading! Last week I made this cake for a couponing night, and thought I'd share the recipe with anyone who's interested.
Ingredients:
1 boxed chocolate cake mix (18.25 oz)
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding mix (3.9 oz)
16 oz sour cream
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 cup hot extremely strong coffee
1 1/2 cups chocolate mini morsels
1/4 cup condensed sweetened milk
1/4 cup carmel syrup
1/2 cup toffee or heath bits
strawberries
powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan with shortening, and then dust with cocoa powder (can use flour if no cocoa powder available). In a large bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, coffee and oil. Beat until blended. Fold in chocolate morsels. Pour into greased bundt pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until cake bounces back when touched. A fork inserted into the cake may not come back clean because of the mini morsels so that won't tell you if the cake is done. Let cool in pan for ten minutes on wire rack.
On stovetop combine carmel syrup and condensed sweetened milk and heat slightly. With the back of a wooden spoon carefully poke holes into the bottom of the cake (which is still face up in the bundt pan) about halfway through the cake, making sure not to poke through the top of the cake. Holes should be about an inch apart each. Pour condensed milk and carmel mixture into holes and then thinly spread the remaining over the entire bottom of the cake. Pour toffee bits or heath crumbles onto carmel layer and press slightly. Let stand 10 minutes. Carefully flip bundt pan onto cake stand. Garnish with fresh strawberries and powdered sugar immediately before serving. No frosting is recommended.
Hope you enjoy! If you try it let me know how it turns out for you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment