Jace has been really into stickers lately... but after going through sheet after sheet of stickers I was getting a little frustrated at how quickly the stickers were disappearing. I was really excited when I found a reusable elmo sticker book on clearance at TJMaxx a few days later. Jace loves it. He gets really frustrated if he can't get a sticker off by himself though. ;)
| Sticker fun |
| Elmo sticker book... |
Jace has been obsessed with coloring for a little while now... but he recently got a new easel that brings his love of drawing to a whole new level. Now he wakes up and first thing begs for "markos" and sits and draws loops and says "circle... circle... circle...".
| Fun with color strips and glue :) |
The one thing about craft time is that it usually ends in bath time! Speaking of bath time... check out the adorable towel my friend Dawn made for Jace.
| He refuses to sit down in the tub anymore... constant struggle... |
| Nope... not gonna sit... |
Jace's other new obsession is his new water table that we got from a friend second hand. I don't know if you can tell or not from his facial expression in these pictures... but he could spend HOURS playing with this thing and still be having the time of his life.
Speaking of water... a few weekends ago Jace went to his buddy Nickolas' birthday party and there was an amazing water slide in the backyard. After a little assistance getting up the slippery ladder Jace went down all my himself. I would have gotten a picture of his adorable face going down, but I was too worried and ready to jump in to catch him in the pool at the bottom to capture a pic. Oops!
| Heading up to the top along with his buddies... |
I've talked about Jace being a picky eater in this blog plenty before. But just recently I stumbled across a blog called cookingwithmykid.com that is all about one moms quest to break her son of his chicken nugget eating habit. I'm really glad I found the blog, there are some fun recipe ideas I can't wait to try with Jace. We've always done smoothies with hidden veggies and fruit and yogurt... which has always been a hit with him. But, just today we tried making "sushi" together. I was a little skeptical that he would eat anything that looked different and tasted different too... so instead of stuffing it with any meat or veggies I started simple with a variety of peanut butter, nutella, banana, honey, and jelly rolls.
I just took wheat bread and cut off the crust. Then I had Jace help me roll the bread flat and then roll up and slice them. Jace loved his "sush-o"! Next time we'll definitely try some cream cheese and veggies. I also saw a cute dessert sushi recipe with rice crispy bars rolled in fruit roll ups... I guess that doesn't really help with picky eating, but it would still be fun!
| He loves helping make his "ice cream" by throwing in the ingredients and holding the magic bullet down. |
| "Momma can I eat dat yet??!" |
| Loving his "sushi" :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment