At 21 months Jace is obsessed with books (usually the his favorite 10 or so are rotated, since he picks them out himself), and puzzles (especially his alphabet puzzle), and "shows" on TV. He has so much more patience for sitting still and doing these things now that he's gotten older. For a while there he had a 2 second attention span, but now he'll sit peacefully once in a while and immerse himself in what he's focused on.
| Watching TV in mommy and daddys room |
| TV Trance |
Jace also loves to color with crayons. Markers still scare mommy. :)
While he colors he will often repeat the same words over and over again. I will look over at him coloring and hear him say "circle, circle, circle" "eye, eye, eye" "taco, taco, taco"... over and over again. Those are the only things he likes to draw I guess!
Jace is also obsessed with trucks. I often go into his bedroom in the morning and find him fast asleep with 5 trucks in bed with him. When we first transitioned him to a toddler bed he never got out in the dark. But now he gets out everynight after I shut his door and he gathers up a bunch of toys and gets back into bed. It can be pretty comical to walk in in the morning wondering what you're going to find. One day it was about 30 pieces of play food in his bed, Tate and I got a kick out of that one!
Jace has a few cute new things he's been doing. The sweetest one is a new bedtime ritual... everynight when I put him down to bed he will grab my cheeks with both hands and pull me in for a kiss, then he'll wrap his little arms around my neck. It melts my heart everytime. He's also picked up a couple of cute new phrases... if he's asked "Right Jace?" he says "That's right!" in his little munchkin voice. He also says "I wanna watch a show", which is probably the longest phrase he says. Figures it would be about TV. :)
We haven't started potty training yet, because I don't think he's 100% ready yet. But, he has been surprising me in the last few weeks by telling me he needs to go, and then sitting down and actually going on his potty. He acts very non-chalant about it, like it's no big deal and he's been doing it all his life. It's me who's always surprised and cheering and making a big to-do out of it, lol. When we were at the mall a little while back, we were looking at some little boy undies and Jace found a pack with monsters on them. He did NOT want to put them back, so I told him "You aren't ready for those... once you're a big boy and you go potty in the toilet you will have those." He started shaking his head and saying "Yea, potty... Yea, potty". Somehow I gave in and bought him the underwear. We played in the playland for a while and had a special mommy-Jace date in the food court over some chick-fil-a nuggets and an orange julius (which by the way, he was very bad at sharing!)... and by the time we were home I had forgotten about him saying "Yea, potty" and went to take off his diaper for bed and realized it was empty. I asked him if he needed to go potty, he said "pee pee!" and ran to the toilet and peed. He went again just a few minutes later. He had kept his promise I guess. We'll probably try doing a little potty training when he's around 23 months just to see how he reacts to it... but for now we're just enjoying saving a few diapers here and there! :)
| Still running around in diapers ;) |
Jace has somewhat outgrown his screaming stage, which I am SO THANKFUL for. He still screams occasionally in stores, just for fun, but for the most part he is back to being an ok grocery shopping companion. As long as I speed shop, that is. We haven't had many problems with tantrums lately either... it's mostly just the "wet noodle" that he's perfected when he doesn't want to do something so his whole body goes limp and you find yourself dragging him into the house along with 5 bags of groceries in your hands.
The other day we pulled into the bank parking lot and immediately Jace starts saying "suck-ee" "suck-ee"... because he remembers that this is the place where he's always given a sucker from the nice lady. Anyways, the lady recognizes Jace and lets him pick out a sucker. He's being so sweet about it and everyone in the bank is making "Oh, he's so cute" comments... when all of a sudden it turns ugly. I tell Jace he can't have the sucker right now, and that he will have to wait. After hearing such a tragic thing, Jace collapses on the floor face down and starts bawling hysterically and screaming "mommmmmy, suck-eee, pleaseeee"... everyone in the bank is now looking at me wondering how I can be so cruel to such a poor sweet innocent child. Good thing, none of that phases me a bit anymore. :)
Jace is currently a picky eater who refuses to try most foods, even when attempting to force feed him. I've tried cheese sauce over veggies, ketchup on everything, not offering any other options for food... nothing works, he just won't eat. I've given in to the fact that he will be a strictly fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, chicken, cracker type of kid for a while. Hopefully he'll decide to venture out and try more things next time he hits a growth spurt or gets a little older.
Jace has a few other new obsessions... such as his "backpack" that a friend made for him with his name on it. He loves wearing it around the house... but sometime he thinks it won't stay on if his arms aren't up in the air! :)
I'll try to post some videos of Jace this month since he's changed a lot since our visit to MN. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment