-On Friday we picked up a castle slide for Jace from Craigslist. I wanted to find something for him to play with in the backyard. I debated between a slide, a water/sand table, or a sand box. I ruled out sandbox pretty quickly after having nightmares of sand constantly being tracked in all over the house... I get it, I'm a mean mom, I'd just rather leave the full body sand play for the park! I still would like to get him a water/sand table for out back, but there wasn't much selection on craigslist, so I decided on the slide. The slide we picked is the Little Tikes Castle Climb n' Slide, the owner had never taken it outside, it was in perfect condition and for less than half the price of the stores. Even better, we sold an old chair we had in storage to one of our neighbors for the same cost as the slide. So in other words... the slide was free. That's how that works right? ;)
I was a little concerned about Jace not being able to use it without assistance just yet... but, boy did he prove me wrong! As soon as he saw the slide he freaked out with excitement and climbed right up the rock wall and stood up. He started turning the steering wheel, shaking the wall back and forth, and screaming with happiness. Then, much to my surprise, he sat right down and pushed himself down the slide properly. What a smarty! It didn't take long for him to realize there were more adventerous ways to go down... on his belly, backwards, and even standing up. But, not once did he get hurt. He even jumped off and wiped out on the grass and was perfectly fine. This slide was definitely built right, it seems impossible for him to hurt himself on... which I very much appreciate since I have a very
| Climbing up... |
| Steering... |
| Sitting down like a good boy... |
| I'm outta here! |
- We spent some time at our new favorite place, Gahagan Park, this weekend and Jace had an absolute blast. I love bringing him out to play with other kids and he even faced his fears and tried swinging. He has been terrified of swings for a couple of months now and screams if he gets close to one... but after seeing some of the other kids swinging he let us try it out again. Eventually (once the crying stopped) he enjoyed it. This is a big step for us! When we got home there was a package in the mail from Jace's great grandparents. It was an adorable homemade vikings blanket and a stuffed animal monkey, which just so happens to be Jace's favorite animal. He was overjoyed! Such a sweet gift. I don't think they read this blog, but if they do... thanks again!
| Reading a book outloud before bedtime with his new blanket. |
| Cuddling with his new blanket and watching Elmo's World before bedtime. |
- We headed to the beach in Isle of Palms on Sunday because it was 84 degrees out. Unfortunately by the time we got to the coast the temperature had dropped down to the upper 60s because of the cold ocean air. The sun was still hot though so we had alot of fun playing in the sand... we just avoided the water! There were actually several other families on the beach that day and Jace loved chasing around all of the big kids. Some kids were playing "catch" on the beach and Jace was being their "monkey-in-the-middle" by running back and forth trying to get the ball. Once in a while they would humor him by letting him get the ball from them. It was very sweet. I stayed back with our stuff while Tate walked with Jace down the coast chasing the tide back and forth as it rushed in and out. It was so cute to see from far away how much fun Jace was having. All I could see was him running around frantically in his cute swimsuit with his arms flapping at his sides. You can always tell that Jace is really excited when he's flapping his arms frantically at his side. I can't really describe what I mean by that, except to say that he looks like he's trying to gain momentum when he does it. Oh, and he wore his first ever pair of sandals to the beach. What a big boy!
| My little beach bum - check out his first sandals... so cute :) |
| Checking out all the friends at the beach. |
- Jace and I headed to storytime on Monday morning like usual, but afterwards we swung by our favorite place: Goodwill. I have never been to as nice of a Goodwill as I've found right by our house. There are two Goodwill's in Summerville, and the other one never has anything good... but this one is always great. Jace and I like to browse on Monday's when we leave storytime because that's usually the best thrifting day. We ended up spending $2.47 today which trumps the $1.98 we spent last week, big spenders over here! Jace got a perfect condition hardcover book called "I Love You, Stinky Face" which is one of my favorite kid's books and only 49 cents. (If you've never read it and have little kids, you should check it out, it's very sweet.) I picked up a Sophie Kinsella book for myself for 99 cents... and then another wicker storage box for 99 cents.
I have an obsession with wicker storage containers and you'll find them all over my house (like on my new painted bookshelf)... I just can't get enough. I hate clutter and with a kid it's pretty much unavoidable, but shoving things in storage bins sure seems to help. Unfortunately those small wicker containers can run $10-15 a piece at most stores, so I always look for them second hand. They don't have to be some great thing, they're just for storage!
| Hiding all of Jace's DVDs for 99 cents... |
| A different basket de-cluttering the bedside table shelf... |
| Another 99 cent basket... a little different not sure where it will go or what it will hold just yet, remotes for now. And yes, that's my parents engagement picture in the frame... awww, so sweet. |
1 comment:
I LOVE BASKETS!!! If you looked in ANY of our closets or under sinks you would see wicker baskets holding NUMBERS of things!
Good call on the slide... yes it was free. I would call it free at least ;) Ava did so great with her slide.. then she started like last month or a bit before (16.5 months or so) going down on her tummy head first... probably wasnt smart of me to let her do it but it was soo cute HA! I guess we will see what happens at the park this summer!!!
How is your skinny fat diet goign?!?
Post a Comment