Monday, July 2, 2012
Week 22
I realized I never made our gender announcement on here, oopsy! If the picture wasn't enough to give it away, we are having a little boy! This week the baby is just over a pound, and about 8 inches from crown to rump. The baby's eyesight is getting better and he notices light changes outside of the womb. He's also learning how to grasp things with his little hands, and is growing a head of hair. We had our big ultrasound almost three weeks ago now and it was nerve racking but alot of fun to see the baby. I have another follow up ultrasound next week to double check the baby's development... because nothing can ever just be simple with pregnancy these days. I am just looking at it as another opportunity to see him. We have not agreed on a name, and haven't looked much either. But we definitely welcome suggestions :) I'd like something short for a first name and long for a middle just like Jace Nicolson, but not too matchy-matchy. I have an idea, but Tate's not convinced... and he has an idea and I'll NEVER be convinced, lol!
I had my monthly doctors appointment this morning and learned that I've gained 25+ pounds already. So THAT wasn't fun. I haven't worried much about weight gain because I gained alot early with Jace, but not that much that quickly... so I'm going to have to try to watch what I eat a little so that I continue to have a healthy pregnancy. The weight gain doesn't make alot of sense to me though... I eat alot, and it's definitely not always "healthy" options, but if you know me you know that's how I always am. I love food and I love to eat. I'm not sure if my metabolism just quits working while I'm pregnant (even though I'm starving all of the time) or if alot of it is from water retension. Who knows... but it was a depressing weigh in.
As far as pregnancy symptoms go... this pregnancy is still proving to be polar opposite from my first pregnancy. I'm no longer nauseous, unless I don't eat often enough, but I'm definitely not without complaint this trimester like I was with Jace. For about a month now I've been having extreme pelvic pressure, similar to what I experienced towards the end of my first pregnancy. The issue I had with Jace was SPD, and that appears to be what's going on this time as well... just much much earlier. I'm hoping that it doesn't get much worse because between the burning pressure and the lower back pain, some evenings I can't even walk a few steps without looking like I'm 85 years old.
Other than the excessive weight gain and the SPD I feel good (ha!) and have been having a lot of energy and motivation to get our life organized before baby arrives. I got pregnant two weeks after we moved into our new house, and since I was so sick I never really got it organized, decorated or cleaned very well... so now I'm trying to make up for lost time. I'm also trying to get Jace ready for baby by talking about it alot with him, teaching him to be more independant and responsible, and doing some new activities (i.e. swimming lessons) that won't be as easy for me to do with him once baby #2 is here.
**We had a blast in Minnesota last week, and I have a ton to share about that trip. I will post a blog just as soon as I get a chance to get it all together... since I've been so busy nesting and limping around the house lately. :)**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Whatever ;) You are beautiful!
Post a Comment