Thursday, July 19, 2012

This week...

 1. Jace had fun learning how to swim with private swimming lessons at our neighborhood pool.



 2. We had a Mommy-Jace date to Starbucks for our favorite treats.




3. Jace and I took a 1.99 thrift store bulletin board, covered it in burlap and dressed it up with nail trim and gave it to daddy to use in his home office.  The same board sells for $219 at Ballard Designs!





4. Jace and I organized the hot-mess of kids craft supplies and puzzles we had going on in the closet, thanks to a 99 cent thrift store shoe organizer turned double sided craft organizer.  We're working towards a more organized and independant Jace before baby comes along.  Now he can go and grab whatever he wants easily and knows exactly where to put it back. :)

BEFORE

BEFORE

AFTER - Side 1

AFTER- Side 2

AFTER - Workbook Drawer

AFTER - Puzzle drawer

AFTER - Puzzle drawer #2

AFTER- Put away in the closet.
 5. Jace practiced feeding a baby ;)


6. Baby craved Kung Pao...

7. I turned some old wooden letters into hooks for a little nook in Jace's bedroom.


8. I built Jace some much needed organizational storage for the toy room... more of the whole "building independance before baby comes" thing...


9. Baby craved veggies and fruit.  So did Jace :)



10. Daddy took Jace to swimming lessons to see all of his new skills.



11. We had way too much fun doodling on Jace's newly painted chalkboard train table.


12. We spent all weekend vegging in our PJs watching movies and reading books.



13. Baby craved stir fry.  Jace did not ;)



14.  Mr. Focused painted a wooden dinosaur.


15. Jace and I went to storytime at Barnes and Noble.  Found the most amazing toy ever.  Left kicking and screaming because mommy didn't understand what "But I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED it!" means.  Ran into coworkers while exiting with kicking and screaming child under arm.  Priceless.


16. Baby craved tortilla soup.


17. Mommy made Jace a new pillow to recognize our mutual love of green olives, and eachother :)


18. Jace had fun building dinosaurs... until the tail fell off, and then it was naptime.  ;)


No comments: