Thursday, June 9, 2011

This Week

We've had a fun and busy week!  First we hosted a playdate at our place...



Then Tate had some of his college friends fly in from Chicago for a visit.  It was really nice for him to have some much-needed guy time in his new town!  The first night his friends were here we all headed down to Patriots Point to enjoy some live music with a couple of our local friends... it was such a great place to hang out as a family and relax on a Friday!  This goes on every Friday night during the warmer months here, so we'll definitely be going back.  I wish I would have taken more pictures of the view, because the huge USS Yorktown ship, the Charleston bay and the Ravenel Bridge made gorgeous backdrops.

Jace playing in the sand at Patriots Point


Tate forgot how to button his shirt... with his friends
from home.

Our local friends

"Jace look at the camera!"

Then while Tate was out with his friends I randomly decided to take on the huge task of painting our striped master bedroom.  Who knows what got into me but while at Walmart I started looking at paint colors and 10 minutes later walked out with two gallons of their most inexpensive paint (Color Place Flat) in "Spicy Cinnamon".  I wanted a color that wasn't too light so it would have good coverage over the striped walls, but something that would blend with the olive green living room and tan hallway... and also blend with the weird pink master bath.  With it's subtle pink undertones this color ended up being the perfect color to help it all "flow".  The home owners owe me... big time!  ;)

After Jace went to bed I spent way too long taping off all of the crown molding, doorways, window sills and baseboards... then the fun part started: painting!  I was shocked at how well the cheap paint covered the stripes and I'm definitely more happy with how it looks now.  Now I can actually decorate since the neutral walls have alot more options than those teal shiney stripes!  Tate was pretty surprised when he got home.  :)


Remember those stripes??  This is the BEFORE.  Oh, I've also since painted
that ugly old shelf white and added more baskets...

Based on my computer's coloring, this was the most
accurate wall color representation... but it all depends on
your computer screen I guess!
We also decided to get a new bed finally.  Tate got his way and we upgraded to a King size.  It's HUGE... I mean it, seriously huge.  We can't use our nightstands anymore, so we're considering other ways to set up the room to make it work.  I don't think there are any other ways though...  I do love all the extra space at night, and how much more comfortable it is than our old bed, but I seriously almost need a step stool to climb into it because the mattress is so plush.  I'm excited to find some fun bedding to put on it now that we have some neutral walls!  Oh, and of course I'm excited to build a headboard or find a discount bedframe.

New bed... doesn't really demonstrate the huge-ness of it.  But it is huge!
Now we just need some new bedding and a king sized bed frame or headboard.
After Tate's friends left town I got to have a night out with some of my mom friends!  We headed to Chai downtown Charleston for some Tapas.  Then we had plans to hit up the movie "Bridesmaids" at the nearby cinema cafe theater.  Unfortunately it was sold out... oops, should have used Fandango!  Either way we made the best of it and headed out for half off sushi at Red Leaf.  Amazing!  My favorite was the deep fried "Summerville Roll".

Downtown at Chai

Mobile Picture: Eating Sushi at Red Leaf

Don't worry, I know the only people that really tune in to this blog are Jace's grandparents and aunts in MN... so here are some more pictures of Jace taken this week! :)



3 comments:

Christin said...

I tune in :)

Kirsten said...

Me too!

Alli said...

Do I count as an aunt?! If not, I tune in every time! ;)

Jace looks like he is loving his bed, is he more comfortable in it at night now? I'm sooo jealous of your bed, it looks so cozy! I really like the wall color, its pretty! You are so ambitious, you just go buy some paint and paint the whole room by yourself one night and now you're going to make a headboard?! I need some of that energy!