Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Best Things About Going Overdue

 1. Extra moments of completely uninterrupted one on one time with your only child.  Watching him when he doesn't know... getting down on the floor and playing with him... reading books together... having movie and popcorn nights in bed... baking cookies.  And just taking him in, and cherishing him, and praying he understands that your love for him will still be just as strong when it's shared.
 
 
 














2. Getting to know just HOW MUCH your body really can take.  Some people aren't lucky enough to get to spend the extra final weeks stretching to their max capacity, watching the magical powers of the woman's body.  And knowing that you are carrying a full sized toddler baby who will likely skip right over the "newborn" clothing size is pretty amazing.

 
3. No one ignores your phone calls.  Seriously I can't remember the last time someone didn't answer when I called... or immediately call me back in a panic.  Them: "Is the baby here?!?!?!"  Me: "Oh, no sorry... I was just calling to tell you that I just peed my pants."
 
 
4. More chances to have "guilt free" eating.  Because no matter what you may eat like normally, there is no better excuse to indulge in a white bread mayo-heavy sandwich, or an entire package of oreos, or a midnight batch of barbacoa nachos than "I'm 9+ months pregnant".  Who can blame you? 
 





5. More chances to get a prenatal massage.  Because 9 months isn't long enough to squeeze that in for some reason... so getting one now is perfect.  I felt amazing afterwards and I'm almost sad I will never again get to experience a "prenatal" massage... well... unless... there's... baby #3.  But talking about another pregnancy while overdue seems pretty insane, let's not go there.

6. Being able to enjoy more relaxing moments with your current family members...  knowing things are about to get pretty hectic and exhausting for a while.  Having multiple movie nights... lazy evenings on the couch... making big meals together... running errands together without a crying/hungry/sleepy/poopy baby in tow... having "wine" and cheese nights after the littlest one is asleep... taking the boat out one last time this season...



 
 
 
<3 
 

1 comment:

MarleyHoo said...

Too funny I remember the same thing about the phone Calla but never really thought about it that way. I also never got so many calls when I didn't pick up the phone. The calls were usually followed with texts and Facebook posts. Hahaha. Love it and hope you are more enjoying being that far along than not.