Saturday, May 19, 2012

Week 16



This weekend starts Week 16 of this pregnancy.  Sorry for the dorky self pic, Tate's gone :)  I'm at the point now where sometimes I wake up in the morning and say "Where did my belly go??" and then a few hours, and a few meals later BAM!  This picture was taken late in the day today... after the "BAM".  At week 16 I'm feeling great, like really really great... so thankful to not be nauseous anymore. 

The only hard parts at this stage are back pain,  tossing and turning at night alot... oh and gaining weight rapidly!  This week I had to try on bridesmaid dresses for a wedding I'm in this fall... I had tried on the dress before pregnancy, and already I was three sizes bigger, yikes!  It was a depressing shopping trip, let's put it that way.  Oh well...

During week 16 baby is about 4-5 inches in length from crown to rump, so about the size of an avocado (with legs??!).  The baby is able to feel touch from outside the belly and hearing should have also developed so the baby may be able to hear noises outside the womb.  The baby should have eyelashes and look very baby-ish now, and very skinny.

I haven't had any crazy cravings or anything... but cannot eat any type of fast food except for bean burittos from Taco Bell and roast beef sandwiches from Arby's.  If we're ever out and about and hunger strikes I have to hunt one of those down asap.  I've probably been over doing it a bit on the eating front lately.  After having such limited taste buds during the first trimester I got a little carried away the last few weeks and have definitely been eating more than needed.  I'm going to really have to work at keeping the over eating at bay, because I'd really like to try to be more healthy this pregnancy than I was with Jace, especially since I started this pregnancy in worse shape.  It's. Just. So. Hard.

I'm getting really, really excited about the baby growing inside of me, and anxious to know if it's a boy or a girl and pick out a name!  Tate and I were discussing baby names last night, and our tastes in name still vary greatly!  LOL.  I feel like the names I really like are becoming super common... and I'd really like to have something adorable and yet also unique.  As for the names Tate likes... umm...  I guess we don't need to think about it much until our big ultrasound.  I go to the doctor for my monthly check up on Monday and at that point I'll find out when I can schedule my gender scan.  I think the clinic I'm at typically makes people wait until about 20 weeks, but it's hard knowing that it can be found out already... but I have to wait.  I don't know how I waited 42 weeks with Jace, I guess I just had a different mentality then and knew we weren't going to find out.  This time I can hardly stand waiting!!!  Jace told me he thinks the baby is a boy and it's name should be "Kooda".  Not so sure about that name... but we'll give it a little thought. ;)

No comments: