5.5 weeks- I can't believe I'm not even six weeks and I'm already feeling so many symptoms of pregnancy! This weekend we were in St Augustine and I was SO bloated it looked like I was already 4 months along, luckily some of that has gone away... but I still feel a little bloated, much different than what my stomach looked like a week ago, and that makes me nervous for my growing uterus! Hopefully it's not really my uterus popping out already, and it's just a little temporary bloating. Otherwise I'll be unable to keep this pregnancy secret for long! Also, the crazy fatique that literally has me couch ridden is something I don't remember being this extreme with Jace... maybe it's because it's my second pregnancy, or because having a 2 year old forces me to be more physically active than I was last time, but somedays it's hard to even find the energy to walk up the stairs or motivate myself to take a shower and go do something productive. Today Tate came down the stairs from his office at around 11 and I was laying on the couch in my pajamas with Jace watching a movie and looking pitiful. I just couldn't calm my stomach down... I had toast, cheerios, an apple... just a bunch of carbohydrate loaded bland foods, and I still couldn't calm the irritated stomach. Not sure if it's normal to feel things differently the second pregnancy, but boy is this different. I seriously am beginning to wonder if I'm further along than I think or if it's twins (!!!) or if this is just how different it feels to be older and pregnant for the second time... only time will tell.
7 weeks- It's been about three weeks since I found out I was pregnant, and even though I've been having alot of negative symptoms, I'm actually feeling like time is going pretty quickly. I won't be telling people about this pregnancy until after our first ultrasound when I can see the heartbeat and confirm everything is ok. It's a little hard to keep a pregnancy secret when you feel this horrible though. I'm sure people think I'm just being a big flake, and avoiding them... because the majority of time I get asked to do something, I say no and make up an excuse. I don't like having to stretch the truth on why I'm not coming so I've been using alot of "I don't feel well" or "I have a headache", which both are true, but not complete truths obviously. And eventually someone's going to wonder why I've been sick for a month straight. My
8 weeks- I'm starting to feel less nauseous during the day, but still have a random upset stomach most evenings. The fatique is getting worse, and it's almost impossible to get out of bed in the morning to get to work... I'm ten minutes late almost everyday lately, because I just can't get out of bed until literally ten minutes before I need to leave the house, and getting dressed and getting a 2 year old ready takes more than ten minutes. I just can't wake up. Jace has been going to bed really late again lately, after lots of bedtime fighting, so he's sleeping in a bit later which helps. But, what I'd really prefer is that he just get back on a normal sleep schedule. Naps are rare lately, and most days I just really need him to nap. If he at least went to bed on schedule it would be easier to take, but he doesn't... so by the time he's in bed I'm so exhausted I just go to my room and pass out... leaving all the housework that didn't get finished to sit until the next day. Things like cleaning and laundry have seemed like huge tasks lately, which is how I can tell I'm ultra-fatiqued. Even the simple task of walking up the stairs to get something or help Jace, can be tiring. I realize that makes it sound like I'm 350 pounds, but seriously... I'm really looking forward to getting some energy back in the second trimester. This whole "building a placenta and growing a fetus" stage while taking care of a two year old is exhausting. I feel guilty that I'm not being as hands on and productive with Jace in the last few weeks, if it's not nausea, it's a headache or exhaustion. The fact Tate has been gone every week for several weeks doesn't help anything. I don't remember the last time I had a half hour to myself, to relax. Unless you count at 10pm when I'm falling asleep. I realize I'm whining now... ok so I'm tired. Moving on... I feel less anxiety about the pregnancy this week. I realize 8 weeks is still early, but 8 weeks at least sounds like something, like we're getting somewhere... I wish I could go to the doctor this week for a viability ultrasound but I have to wait it out some more and hope that everything is ok in there. I'm showing like CRAZY this week, I didn't even know it was possible to start getting a bump this early. But whether it's bloating or hormones or what, it's very round and low and looks just like I looked at about 15 weeks with Jace. I know my body just "remembers" and is shaping like that again with all this extra fluid and bloating, but it's really hard to keep a pregnancy a secret when you have a very distinct "bump" that won't suck in. I don't even mind that I'm already looking quite fat, because I know that's a good sign for how the baby is doing, and that the pregnancy is still going strong. I just hope that doesn't mean I end up significantly bigger this time than with Jace... hopefully it just means I show much earlier. I didn't really "pop" out until about 26 weeks with Jace even though I'd gained a significant amount of weight, so it will be interesting to see when that happens this time. I think my body just likes to pack on extra pounds easily during pregnancy, because I really haven't been "eating for two", but yet even my hips, thighs and butt have gotten a little bigger. I've heard sometimes your body just builds up fat stores early in pregnancy as natures way of making sure if you were to starve for a while your baby would still survive, who knows if that's true. I'll keep telling myself it is ;)
| About 8.5 weeks and already popping... and yes that's toothpaste splatter on the mirror. Did you think I was joking about being too sick to clean?? ;) |
9 weeks - I think this pregnancy has definitely showed me what real cravings are. Unlike the cute little "cravings" I had while pregnant with Jace, which were really just "I'm so hungry and pregnant, I want this and this and this". This time, now that I'm so nauseous I understand that a craving is real, and it can't be ignored. When you feel sick and everything in the world shounds SO DISGUSTING, except this one random thing, whatever it may be depending on the day, you HAVE to have it. It's the only thing that you will be able to choke down. And when you do finally eat it, it will taste so amazing that you won't be able to stop eating it... until it joins the rest of the food in the world as being disgusting and vile. For example... one day it was iceberg lettuce salads, I HAD to have them and we had just run out of iceberg... we had spinach but that made me want to throw up so I went to the store and bought THREE heads of iceberg lettuce. Three. Went home and ate an entire head of lettuce in one sitting (well two I guess, because it wouldn't all fit on one plate!). Or last night, Jace wanted toast before bed and the smell of it in the toaster sent me into craving overdrive. I'm not going to lie... I kept popping toast in and spreading it with delicious salty butter for the next hour. I ate seven pieces. I know that's obscene. I do. But I didn't care. It was so amazing, and I couldn't stop. And most importantly, it made the nausea stop and let me focus on something other than how crappy I feel. Depending on the day, the cravings are different. Besides my "toasty" dinner last night, I have been trying to make sure to eat balanced meals the best I can. But some days are easier than others. I'm looking forward to my nausea continuing to improve as I wrap up this first trimester... hopefully we only have about 2-3 weeks left of this. I'm getting anxious to announce my pregnancy, but it's still important to me to wait until my ultrasound and week 12 at the soonest. With my not knowing I was pregnant with Jace until 11 weeks, I never had to worry about the "what ifs" as much, and told everyone within a couple weeks of my finding out. This time, finding out at 4 weeks it feels like a LOT longer wait. I'm getting really excited though, because I think when you're feeling a little under the weather and exhausted... and some days your toddler is being so naughty you can't imagine how it's going to be with TWO... it's nice to have positive reinforcement and well wishes from people to bring you back to your excited reality that you get to have another precious child. :)
11.5 weeks- I didn't write much on here in the last two weeks because I was feeling good... like strangely not nauseous. Well, apparently I got my hopes up a little too soon that the sickness was gone. At 11.5 weeks it's now back and worse than ever. Last night I went to bed the second Jace was asleep and spent the whole night going from sweating to shivering, to choking back vomit, all with a horrible splitting headache. Not sure what brought this sickness on again. I think now rather than being all day everyday, it comes in waves and for whatever reason at night it gets really bad. I have been trying to really take care of myself and drink alot of water and lay down or sit down whenever I can. Jace doesn't allow alot of "chill" time during the day, so I have been putting on ALOT of tv shows for him lately... which of course makes me feel like a horrible mom. I just can't bring myself to get up off the couch somedays. I can't believe how horrible I feel, compared to how I felt with Jace. Something is definitely different... I get my first ultrasound on Monday, at 12 weeks 1 day. I'm anxious for that more than I can explain. I didn't realize my doctors office didn't do an early ultrasound for everyone. They only do one if you're unsure of your dates, or in my case have a history of my cycle being three weeks off on my gestational stage. So at least I get one... I can't imagine just not having an ultrasound until 20 weeks! Other than the nausea, I've been having all the other normal symptoms, tired, getting up 6 times a night to go to the bathroom, emotional... No seriously, I'm so emotional that I was walking through Walmart and passed the coffee aisle and the aroma reminded me so much of my favorite coffee shop back in MN that I grew up going to with friends and family, and all of a sudden I got homesick and my eyes started welling up with tears... in the middle of Walmart! Over the smell of coffee! Darn hormones! Other than that at 11.5 weeks my energy level is so low that both my hygiene and my house are hot messes. Hopefully the "nesting" instinct kicks in when my energy comes back so that I can get this house back in decent condition... and I'd rather not be disgusting and ugly my whole pregnancy, so hopefully with added energy I'll also decide to start showering again. :)
12 weeks- The past couple of days I have felt random bursts of energy... it's AMAZING! Not until I felt the first one did I realize just how extremely tired and lazy I've been the last few months with this first trimester junk. I felt normal... well for a little while, every 15 minutes or so I had to sit down and sort of take a little breather. Those bursts of energy are making me feel so much happier though... it's hard not to get depressed when you feel sick and exhausted every single day. I feel like I'm rounding the corner now... only another week of the first trimester, and then the "honeymoon trimester" begins... the one where I can actually feel normal and happy and excited about baby! Loved the second trimester with Jace... can't wait to feel that "nesting" instinct come back, with all that added energy, and hopefully no more food aversions so I can actually work on being healthy from here on out. Because, let's be honest... carbohydrates are not a girls best friend when it comes to weight. I knew I'd gain weight early with this pregnancy, because I did early with Jace too... my body just likes to add weight all over when I'm carrying a baby. BUT, getting weighed at the doctor this week was not all that exciting. When I told Tate about it he said "What you've only gained like 25 pounds so far right?!" I wanted to hit him... he thought he was hilarious. Somehow I missed the joke. Obviously I haven't gained 25 pounds in the first 12 weeks, but a good 10-12 for sure. I know alot of it is water weight and bloating... but it doesn't do much for my self confidence getting dressed in the morning when I have a big bloated looking belly (not quite pregnant looking yet) and then I'm just a little "full" everywhere else too. Especially since the majority of people do not know I'm pregnant yet, and obviously strangers don't know either. It goes well with the bags under my eyes and the pale "I've been inside on the couch this whole trimester" complexion I've got going. Sigh... I'm just not a cute pregnant person, oh well. The sacrifices we make for our children... :)
13 weeks- I officially feel great. In a still-tired and my back aches kind of way. But no more nausea, and I think it's really gone this time. I've had a few minor dizzy moments, but other than that no new symptoms have popped up. My appetite is definitely not lacking, now that I'm able to eat pretty much everything I've been having some serious cravings for: mango habanero hot wings (the spicier the better), loaded baked potatos, taco bell bean burritos, sushi (cooked, not raw, of course!), arbys sauce and their loaded potato bites, and campbells chicken gumbo soup. So yea, no healthy cravings! I've actually allowed myself to incorporate a little caffeine into my diet once in a while, I never had caffeine while pregnant with Jace, but I guess I just feel like I don't have to be as much of an extremist as I was with him... especially since "they" say up to two cups of coffee a day is fine. I've been allowing myself maybe 1-2 cups a WEEK, and the occasional special occasion soda. We got to see the baby last week, shortly after turning 12 weeks, it was really special to see the baby in there, looking very baby-ish and dancing all around already. I guess it made it more real, and allowed us to just be excited and drop some of the worry of miscarriage. Obviously anything can happen at anytime, but after seeing that strong heartbeat and that active healthy baby, chances are on our side that baby is here for the long haul. The baby must have hit a growth spurt this week because I'm really sticking out now... or I guess that could have been any of the foods listed above. I wish I could say my stomach is the only thing getting bigger, but my chest is so inflated and my hips have already widened. It's making it really hard to fit into any normal clothes comfortably... I just made the switch to stretchier and bigger clothes, and been on the prowl for some new things to get me through this rediculously hot weather that's already started. I actually bought some maternity friendly leggings and a thin maxi skirt, and they're so rediculously comfortable I'll have to go buy more... I can't believe I wore buttoned jeans all the way up until I delivered Jace, what was I thinking?! This is comfort people, and being fat and hot and sticky is not easily made comfortable... and this is only spring, and I'm only 13 weeks. I foresee alot of maxi skirts and leggings in my future. :)
Now that we've announced our pregnancy, I'll post sporatic updates on here... and maybe even a few belly pics (ha... having my picture taken while pregnant is not exactly my favorite thing which is why I have so few pictures of being pregnanct with Jace). :)
No comments:
Post a Comment