Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 28




Well here we are, finally in the third trimester!  The 20-something weeks have been ticking by soo slowly that I'm glad we finally hit another milestone.  The next few weeks should fly by because we will be heading back to Minnesota for my best friends wedding next week and staying for a week and a half long visit.  By the time we get home I'll be in the 30-something weeks and very glad to have these super slow 20-something weeks behind me. 

With the start of the third trimester I have felt a sudden loss of energy.  The motivation I had to "nest" and prepare the house for baby has become much less noticable.  I still have the urge to organize and clean, but not the energy to actually accomplish much.  I'm trying to push through it... but man, is it WAY more exhausting being pregnant while also chasing around a two year old.  I hope a second nesting surge of energy comes back during those last few weeks of pregnancy.

Other than lack of energy, I don't have any complaints.  I have been pretty complication free so far, and I'm hoping to stay that way.  I have noticed I swell a bit more easily in the last couple of weeks, so hopefully my blood pressure is remaining low and it's just heat related (summer can end any time now!!).  The pain from my pubic bone hasn't been as bad the last several weeks thanks to the baby moving up a bit... so I'm enjoying it while I can because soon enough my SPD will be back in full force.  The only times it's really bad right now are while trying to get out of bed.  Oh, and bending over has become very uncomfortable now... which I don't remember feeling anywhere near this early with my first pregnancy.  But in the words of Tate of course I feel uncomfortable I'm HUGE... or a "big fine woman" as he likes to put it.  Sigh.

I'm getting to the point where I'm getting really excited to have a newborn around and to meet this little guy.  I want to know what he looks like, what cute little sounds he makes, and how he'll feel cozied up against me.  In the beginning of this pregnancy, the idea of a newborn and a toddler sounded a bit exhausting... but now I'm just really excited to be able to have two amazing boys going through two different phases at the same time. I also think that the fact we're having another little boy is getting more and more exciting... I'm happy that he and Jace will be brothers and have a bond that neither Tate or I had (same-gender siblings I mean... not to say we're not close with our siblings, I just always wondered what it would be like if I had had a sister instead of three brothers).  I'm really excited to see if they look alike and see the new baby wearing all those teeny tiny outfits Jace wore.  I think it helps that Jace is really really interested in all things baby, and getting excited to be the big helper around here.  Jace keeps reminding me "When the baby gets here, he is going to cry alot... when I was a baby I cried alot.  All babies cry mommy."  Yes, dear... I rememeber it fondly.  ;)

I'm feeling a little anxiety about labor this time around... I think it's because I just don't have any idea what to expect since I never went into labor on my own.  I would love to have a natural labor this time and have it happen on it's own time... but on the other hand the unpredictability scares me.  We have a 2 year old to think about now, and no family around to help out or come watch him in the middle of the night if need be.  I've never really been away from him for extended amount of time before, so the thought of having to spend 2-5 days in a hospital without him stresses me out a bit.  I don't want him to think that I've left him now that I have a new baby... so we'll have to work on talking to him about that a bit beforehand and getting him comfortable with the idea.  Hopefully everything goes smoothly and we're able to find him easy child care and I'm able to be pretty self sufficient right after labor since Tate won't be able to be in the hospital overnight helping with diaper changes like he was when Jace was born.

We have not agreed on a name for this baby yet... I have two names I've felt attached to for several weeks, but we haven't fully decided yet and I'm not sure that we will until the baby gets here.  Other than that there's nothing much to report, which I'm thankful for.  I feel very blessed to be having a pretty simple pregnancy.  If the most I have to complain about is being sore and fat, I'm good with that.  Here's to a healthy third trimester :)

No comments: